A year ago I wrote this. While I still miss him just as much every day, I’m proud to say today isn’t feeling as horrible as last year on this day. I maybe blame this blog for that… and the fact that I went to visit his grave in June.
And now for something completely different.
Today is a shitty day. Here is why …
1) It’s Thursday. Since I do not play kickball on Thursdays, this means my evening is pretty tame. Blah.
2) A person who I do not dislike at all is moving away today.
3) Today is my dead dog’s birthday.
1) This doesn’t require further explanation.
2) I have friends. I’m not particularly sad to lose a friend. I do not, however, feel like I was done hanging out with this one…and I don’t know that we’re close enough to stay friends after the move. Therefore, I’m sad because endings are sad. Why don’t more movies end sad? Not like a huge depressing end, just…end. Endings are sad, but they’re real. By the way, this is the reason why I was frustrated with the ending of Silver Linings Playbook… but I digress…
View original post 621 more words