OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH…
So today’s blog post isn’t actually here…it’s over at Running On Sober. They’ve been hosting this Life in Song series in which the guest bloggers (today it is Sandra and me) choose six songs that soundtrack portions of their lives. This is not a list of our six favorite songs. It is, rather, a glimpse into our lives based on music.
The first post in this series made me jump out of my skin. I am obsessed with this idea and I’m glad someone made it into a series. I have a habit of sountracking my life in my head.
So yeah, I know what song will be playing when we have intercourse when the movie about my life is written.
So anyway, I’m not making a separate blog post because I want you to go read my songs – there are 9. I cheated a bit.
And then go HERE to start following my new friend, Sandra.
Unrelated (sort of): 6 Favorite Songs
Remember like 5 seconds ago when I said that the Life in Song series wasn’t about my favorite songs? Well I decided you probably were dying to know what my current favorite songs are. CURRENT because my all time favorites are different…and really I only have all time favorite artists… ANYWAY (why do I consistently go full-on tangent on this blog???)
6. Van Morrison – Into the Mystic. Because it’s my forever song.
5. Fitz And The Tantrums – Moneygrabber. I want to stop loving this song. Or list about 25 other Fitz songs that are perfect in every way. I just freaking love them all….
4. Electric Guest – This Head I Hold. It makes me dance in my apartment, in my car, in my desk chair… I don’t know what it is about it, but it has a funk/groove that I can’t resist.
3. Florence + the Machine – You’ve Got the Love. It’s just perfect in every way. I wish it were a longer song, though.
2. Ariana Grande (ft. Iggy Azalea) – Problem. It’s a mix of Iconapop and Mariah Carey (in my eyes) and I can’t have anything other than fun with it.
1. Paramore – Ain’t it Fun. If you aren’t currently loving this song, I don’t know how to be friends with you…